Maneuvering mounting rails can be the most demanding part of installing rooftop PV solar modules. But now installers can avoid that—and mount modules faster and easier—with the POWER DISK rail-less mounting system from Preformed Line Products’ DPW Solar.
POWER DISK is a unique roof attachment that can go anywhere on residential rooftops. It does not need to be secured to rafters.
“Layout takes a fraction of the time and requires fewer components and tools than traditional rail-less systems,” says John Markiewicz, General Manager of DPW Solar. “The layout process is simple. You can place solar modules at precisely your preferred locations.”
Solar modules can be installed in four steps:
- Snap chalk lines.
- Mount POWER DISK bases anywhere on the roof deck.
- Set solar modules in place.
- Spin the disks to vertically adjust height to roof undulations.
Additional POWER DISK advantages include:
- Modules can be set in portrait or landscape format.
- Quick to install. POWER DISK is pre-assembled. Install it with 1.5-in. roof deck screws (included) or optional 2.5-in. lag bolt mounting.
- Built-in electrical grounding. Grounding clips are integrated in the mount.
- UL 2703 code compliant.
- Optional flashing available.
- Available in black.
News item from DPW Solar